8.28.2011

Pleats and ruffles

Another change is coming to my bedroom. Because the wall colours are neutral, I have been able to modify the look easily.

A friend made me a pleater tool quite a while ago, and I’m just now getting to use it. That along with the easy method of making ruffles, made this ottoman update easy, although it was time consuming.

DSCN2486

I used a drop cloth and only barely bleached it as I wanted to keep the natural colour.

This is my first time making pleats and thanks to the pleater tool it was easy.

DSCN2488

I was originally going to add a contrasting trim where the pleats join the cover, but trim is expensive and I’m cheap poor :) Turns out I like the ruffles.

DSCN2487

I’ve been really busy lately. I golfed this week, for the first time in 20 years! I’ve also been working my entertainment business on the weekends, so there is little time for junking or crafting.

Hopefully I can get to some of the updates to my bedroom this week. Stay tuned :)

Sharing at the following parties. Please pay them a visit and be ready to pin ;)

 

The DIY Show Off

9 comments:

  1. Cool! Would love to know what is a pleater tool... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was your first time pleating? Wow, sure can't tell! It's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oops forgot to comment on golfing...that's really awesome! We were going to go today (I haven't golfed in about 18 years!) but I decided it was too much money right now.

    Have a great day!
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! I've never heard of a pleated tool, but it must be awesome because you sure did a fantastic job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful job! I love the ruffle and pleats! I've never heard of a pleated tool either - need more info on that! Love this, Mel! :)

    So glad you found a little time in your busy schedule to get creative!

    Have a great week! Thanks so much for sharing your creativity in the DIY Project Parade!

    Roeshel

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is my FAVORITE part of the room! I am really into the ruffles right now {and don't have anything in my house with them!!} and the pleats looks wonderful. Thanks again for sharing at The Creative Spark!
    Jenn :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks great! I really like the pleats and ruffles on the drop cloth!
    Blessings,
    Janet

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comment love.

Be sure to check to see if you have an email associated with your log in id, otherwise I have no way of responding to your comment.