8.30.2011

A totally new look that didn’t break the bank

The purchase of a $5 piece of fabric was the impetus to make this change to my bedroom. I liked the natural colours in the stripes and used it to recover my headboard.

The headboard is made from two canvases. In the past when I recovered them, I did each one individually, but this time the fabric was wide enough to cover both so they look like one.

$6 for the canoe paddles, which I added my children’s birth dates to. Stuff gathered from around the house, a newly covered ottoman and a couple of cushions later, and my room is now ready for fall nesting.


Canvas frame headboard www.junkinjunky.blogspot.com
Canvas frame headboard www.junkinjunky.blogspot.comDSCN2538-1

It is a bit of a tight fit, but I’m not ready to give up my king size bed, ever :)

Because I kept the wall colours neutral, making a change to this room is easy. Here are some other looks achieved by changing the bedding and accessories.

Canvas frame headboard www.junkinjunky.blogspot.com
Canvas frame headboard www.junkinjunky.blogspot.com

Canvas frame headboard www.junkinjunky.blogspot.com
Sharing at the following parties. Please pay them a visit and be ready to pin ;)

Transformation Thursday

22 comments:

  1. i love how small changes can have a dramatic impact!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!! Love Love Love the new look! Very classy and elegant. Your older looks are pretty amazing too! Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please tell me more about the canvas....I love that idea! How did you mount them?


    Very pretty and fresh!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's truly beautiful! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it, Mel. So peaceful and calming. What a lovely palette you chose. And I love the touch of rugged with the oars...the kids birthdate numbers perfect! Great work, as always friend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So beautiful!! I just LOVE that ottoman at the end of your bed and such a sweet idea to paint the kids birthdates on the paddles! Such an amazing transformation with so little money! Thanks so much for sharing at The Creative Spark!
    Jenn :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. These looks are awesome! Such great changes with minor changes :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Changing things up and giving the room a fresh look is so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love how versatile you've made the bedroom! I love all of the looks but the newest one is probably my favorite. BTW, the canvas idea is brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  10. i love this design the best! :) i can't believe only a couple changes made it look so different. i'm going to need design tips from you when i get my own place!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So cool! I love how you can change it up so easily. What a great price for those canoe paddles!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love how you kept the walls neutral so that you can change things up so easily. That came out really amazing. Thanks so much for sharing at Sizzle into Summer.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the new look! The head board looks GREAT!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh I love the blue with the oars. What a comfortable, soothing room!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I never thought of using canvases for a headboard. That is flippin' genius!! If we didn't already have headboards we like, I would steal that idea.

    Beautiful makeovers. All of them!

    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  16. Just wanted to let you know that I am featuring your room today. You did a fabulous job! Thanks again for linking up to The Creative Spark! I hope you are having a wonderful long weekend and hope to see you again on Tuesday night!
    jenn ;)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, I'm struggling just to get my room decorated for the first time! This is beautiful. I can't believe you did it for $11. I love it. Great job and thanks for posting it!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love it all. How quickly you can change things up, the framed M over the bed, the ottoman cover.

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  19. You are like me, you are constantly changing things around! I love both rooms but the new nautical headboard is beautiful and very elegant. Great job. :)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comment love.

Be sure to check to see if you have an email associated with your log in id, otherwise I have no way of responding to your comment.