12.05.2013

So long, farewell, auf wiedersehen, goodbye…

Goodbye


I started this blog way back in 2009, never imagining that 4 years later I would say goodbye. What started out as a way for me to share my thrifty finds, slowly became more focused on decorating and diy projects.

There are so many wonderful bloggers out there that encouraged me, praised me and lifted me up. I have shared very intimate moments with all of you, as you have shared with me. Concentrating my energy on home decor projects helped me to pass the time away, but what I really need now is to spread my wings and get out of the house. I have to create a new chapter in the book of Mel; I don’t know where it will lead, but now is the right time.

Thank you for sharing you, with me. I hope that in some small way I was able to inspire you, to lift you up and make you feel valued.

I owe it to you to say goodbye; there have been bloggers that have just dropped off the face of the earth without a goodbye and I always just felt it was a little thoughtless (I am sure they have their reasons).
I will leave the blog open for a while, but this is my last post. And, I’ll still be visiting your blogs so I can continue to be inspired to diy.

All the best to you and yours, enjoy the Holiday season and a prosperous new year!
Over and out Smile  (I’ve always want to say that)

Mel

P.S. I have moved all of my content to a new blog: www.broadviewheights.blogspot.com

There are no link backs, no widgets to follow, no nothing :)  Just a place for me to occasionally post the things I'm doing.

21 comments:

  1. Good luck on your next venture. I will sorely miss your postings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. best of luck to you, mel, and thank you for giving us closure and not making us check the obits. yep, i have actually done that. love ya and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sad to see you go. You are creative and talented and inspired me along the way. Life does change and we need to adjust. Take care. Maureen

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sad to see you go. I have really enjoyed your blog. Best wished and many blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are doing what I have been thinking of doing for a long time. Thank you for sharing your projects, your creativity and your indelible spirit! You are a great inspiration to me.

    So glad we met.

    and I may not be too far behind you in ending my blog career...

    xox

    ReplyDelete
  6. Best wishes on your new life. Thanks for lots of inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another one bites the dust!
    sad to see you go, but like me, time to start a new chapter,good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You can read my last post over on my blog, I will be having all of my posts printed and made into a book soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. So sad to see you go Mel. You have always inspired me and I cherish our messages back and forth! It's very thoughtful of you to say goodbye and I appreciate it but I'll miss you! I wish you good luck in all of your future endeavors!!
    I just thought of you when I put up my vinyl nativity that I won from you last year!! It's beautiful! Spread your wings, you deserve it! xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  10. I totally understand Mel and I will be sad to no longer gleen from your talent but wish you nothing but the best in everything you do. <3

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you so much for all your inspiration! Wishing you a great, happy new chapter. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. So sad to see you go but thank you for saying good bye. Your blog was always a little bit of sunshine in my day and I have always been amazed at your talent and how much you can get accomplished. Good luck in all that you do. You'll be missed.

    ReplyDelete
  13. So sad to see you go, Mel. Always love to follow your fab projects. Best of luck to you, friend! Susan

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh Mel, we'll miss you! Maybe you'll turn up on HGTV on your very own "trash to treasure" show. See you at Goodwill! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've greatly enjoyed your creativity. Thanks for sharing it with us, and God bless your new adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Best of luck to you! I've enjoyed reading your blog since discovering it from Apartment Therapy and wish you the next for your next chapter.

    ReplyDelete
  17. You were one of the first blogs I started following several months ago when I entered the Blogosphere and I've enjoyed reading your posts. Sorry to see you go but I totally understand the need to get out of the house and spread your wings. I wish you the very best Mel!
    Marie@The Interior Frugalista

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm sorry to see you go. Just remember, if you miss blogging, you can always come back to us.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I've enjoyed your blog, and you have inspired me. :) Best of luck as you spread your wings!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Mel, thank you so much for writing this. I agree, there are some that just disappear and it's sad and hard for the readers who have made them a part of their life! But more importantly, I wish you all the happiness in the world on your next chapter. xoxo
    Stacy

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comment love.

Be sure to check to see if you have an email associated with your log in id, otherwise I have no way of responding to your comment.