10.18.2012

New kitchen faucet

The faucet that I had was leaking and rusty.  I knew it needed to be replaced, but it was not a job I had done before. I armed myself with a whole bunch of video instructions, waited for a sale and bought a new faucet for $84, which was $100 off the regular price!

It only took an hour and a half, which would have been reduced by half an hour had I had the foresight to charge my drill first. doh!

DSC09412

It was quite simple, so I’m not sure why I was so scared to do it. I had to drill a new hole because my old faucet had two holes where the faucet handles were. I borrowed a cut saw and other than that it’s basic tools; a couple of wrenches, a screwdriver, some plumbers putty and tape and a light source.

If you need a new faucet, tackle the job yourself, it’s pretty easy.

5 comments:

  1. Good for you, I've zero idea how to do that! You go Girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. GREAT job Mel! I'm so impressed!!! We always forget to charge our drill as well. Love the sparkly new bling in your kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. woo hoo! You go girl! Everytime I do something like this, I say the same thing... this was actually pretty easy!

    Girl power!!!!!!!!!!

    lol

    xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yaaaaay for you Mel you so rock! And I love the faucet :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. YOU GO GIRL!!!! I love that you did this yourself... and you got it on sale! Double bonus!!!!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comment love.

Be sure to check to see if you have an email associated with your log in id, otherwise I have no way of responding to your comment.