4.29.2012

Painted bamboo étagère's

I finally had some nice weather today to finish spraying the two étagère's that I bought a couple of weeks ago.
I love how they turned out and I will now have some fun playing around with the display.  I gathered some things from my old bookcase and weeded out others.

vintage painted bamboo etageres at JunkinJunky.blogspot.com

vintage painted bamboo etageres at JunkinJunky.blogspot.com

Here is a before

vintage painted bamboo etageres at JunkinJunky.blogspot.com

Sarah Richardson used a very similar one to mine, in season 4 of Sarah's house. Her price $225 for one, my price $70 for two!  And we live in the same shopping market.


After I took the photos, I realized that the hippo looks like he is taking a bite out of the bamboo :)

vintage painted bamboo etageres at JunkinJunky.blogspot.com
Sharing here:
My Uncommon Slice of SuburbiaSouthernHospThriftyTreasures-copy_thumb1Party-with-My-Peeps-200DIY Show Off

20 comments:

  1. Great job Mel! I think they're beautiful... even the hippo!
    The fabric on your chair goes really well with the pattern in the bamboo...
    Beautiful!
    Susan
    Homeroad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I was waiting to see how those would turn out, and they are better than I imagined. Your herb crates look great on the shelves too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. they look amazing and are SO you! i didn't know hippos liked bamboo... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those turned out even better than I thought they would - awesome job on them!! Love the styling, too.

    Have a great week!
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  5. These came out so great Mel!! I love how you've styled them, munching hippo and all! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. ::squeal!:: They're gorgeous, Mel!

    ReplyDelete
  7. lovely, simply lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  8. these are beautiful! I love how they turned out- they look so high end and chic! Beautifully styled too. Saw your project at Tuesday's Treasures!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stopping in from Primitive & Proper...love these! they look fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mel...you always have a very sharp eye when shop and handy creative magic hands with stuffs...the shelf is so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These look gorgeous!! Who knew bamboo could look so chic!? great job. Just popping in from POWW.

    ReplyDelete
  12. They are so pretty and I love how you styled them.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those are fantastic!!!

    Xx. Patience

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are gorgeous!!!
    Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOVE these! You know, I started watching Sarah Richardson when she did her cottage show. What can I say, we have the SAME NAME! I totally wanna be on that show where you swap lives fore a day with someone who has the same name as you....ughhh yes, come do my house, and I will go look at your beautiful house!! Sign me up right! I still love that hippo ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous armchairs and great job with the shelves.Rx

    http://sandersonsmithstory.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love these and what a great deal! Perfect painted. Tons of show off space too.

    ReplyDelete
  18. How did you prep the pieces before painting? And what type of paint did you use?

    Thanks for the info, you did a great job!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comment love.

Be sure to check to see if you have an email associated with your log in id, otherwise I have no way of responding to your comment.