3.31.2012

PB Knock Off - Ocean Pier sign

I love Pottery Barn, oh yes I do, but I don’t love their prices. When I saw their Ocean Pier sign, I thought, hey, I can make my own version.

Ocean Pier PB knock off at JunkinJunky.blogspot.com


I knew that not in a million years would I be able to replicate the fish, so opted for a crab.

pb ocean pier sign

I was determined not to buy anything, so I used what I had; an old frame, some tongue and groove wood and acrylic craft paints.

Here is how I put it together

I applied the boards to a piece of plywood that fit the frame.  Painted the boards and then the frame. Yay, it fits.
Ocean Pier PB knock off at JunkinJunky.blogspot.com
I used my Sure cuts a lot software to make the design, cut it out of vinyl with my Cricut and applied it to the wood.
Ocean Pier PB knock off at JunkinJunky.blogspot.com
I painted the design in and that’s that.  It did take a lot of time and the lettering is not really crisp. Hopefully that makes it look authenticSmile


Ocean Pier PB knock off at JunkinJunky.blogspot.com

Sharing this project at the following parties, take a look for lots of wonderful and awesome diy projects.
PhotobucketFunky Junk's Saturday Nite SpecialDIY Show Off


Thank you for the features, I'm honoured.


Positively SplendidDIY Show Off

23 comments:

  1. Oh so cute, I love it! you did such an awesome job of it!!

    xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's fantastic. How fun. I think you did a wonderful job. Love the slatted wood and the crab is perfect. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool and I love you used stuff you already had. I like yours better than the original!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yours looks better! Take that Pottery Barn!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mel! Nice job! I saw that sign in the catalog and I knew someone would do something great with it... I love it!
    Susan
    Homeroad

    ReplyDelete
  6. So fun! I'm loving all the knock-off signs and this would be perfect for a cottage. Great job using everything you already had to make such a fun piece.

    Claire @ alittlesomethinginthemeantime.blogspot.cm

    ReplyDelete
  7. Outstanding! Better than the original!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great knock off that is...I think I like yours better :) I'm a new follower of your blog..glad I found you through the link party at Positively Splendid. Megan

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great job! You make me want to be crafty!

    ReplyDelete
  10. when I first looked at the pics, I thought your version was the Pottery Barn sign. I like yours better :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. great job on the sign I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think it looks fabulous Mel! What a great sign for your outdoor space!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great sign...love it! I'm so glad I found your blog and I am now following so we can stay connected. I would love if you stopped by and follow too. Lori

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great sign ! I love it. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love it. Did you stencil the paint...like dab it on...or draw the letters and then use a brush? I just got a new cameo and I still have to read the directions. The 2 things I did cut I had a hard time after cutting getting them to lay down flat as they were kind of wiggly. any suggestions...or did you just cut...peel and stick on the wood. I do need practice and to read up a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  16. WOW! I stumbled upon this post from Pinterest. I LOVE your sign--honestly love it way more than the PB one. I would totally buy it!! Go you! (And let me know if you make more to sell. No joke. Because I'm a. too lazy to try to make one and b. have no skillz.

    But you rock on! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I LOVE your version! It looks amazing! I think I might need one for myself! Great job! Thanks for the inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful job, Mel! It looks amazing! {Including a link back in this week's highlights!} Thank you so much for sharing! ;)

    Roeshel

    ReplyDelete
  19. You did an outstanding job-would you share with me if you really like your cricut or what you recommend me buying I am kinda a nubie-ourredtrucktravels@hotmail.com Thanks Julie

    ReplyDelete
  20. How funny, I totally just broke out my beach decor today :) I love your sign, its just fabulicious! :) You rock Mel!

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is adorable. You did an amazing job. Thanks for the tutorial and showing the templates you used. *swoon*

    ReplyDelete
  22. I've been eyeballing this to at Pottery Barn but I like yours BETTER! Now I'm really inspired to make one for my back porch. I'm your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comment love.

Be sure to check to see if you have an email associated with your log in id, otherwise I have no way of responding to your comment.