2.26.2013

Wine glass lanterns

Needing a break from everything “project kitchen update”, I decided on doing a craft.

I met with three friends for dinner on Saturday and wanted to bring a small gift for each girl. I have previously made these paper lanterns but this time I modified them to include a scalloped edge.

wine glass lanterns at www.junkinjunky.blogspot.com

I kept them pretty simple using black and white card stock. The flowers are the same shape as the scallop. I cut the tags and wrote each girls name on. You can insert a battery operated tea light if you are not comfortable with a real tea light, but they are fine with real. They looked so pretty on the dinging table. I have the svg if you want it for yourself.

wine glass lanterns at www.junkinjunky.blogspot.com

Back to the kitchen now :)

Sharing at:

Chic on a Shoestring Decorating

5 comments:

  1. They turned out so nice, what a great gift!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How thoughtful Mel! I can just hear the squeals of delight when they saw them. What a cute idea. I'll have to remember this one! Have a great week.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. :) You made me smile with your taking a break from your kitchen project! That's the same thing I'm doing all this week with my bookcases project! Still lots to do but hey, that can wait!
    Those glass lanterns are super cute, the scalloped edge, the tags... well, I love it all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are SO adorable! Do you put a tea light in them?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have tons of wine glasses and it never came to my mind to create adorable project like this. This is something I need to do before this year ends. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comment love.

Be sure to check to see if you have an email associated with your log in id, otherwise I have no way of responding to your comment.