I have made some progress, albeit nothing earth shattering :)
I have finished adding moulding to the doors and painting almost all of the upper cabinets except for the cupboard above the stove, where the microwave will be installed.
The cupboard above the stove gave me so much grief. I couldn't get it off the wall even after removing the screws. I figured it was glued to the wall. I get scared to do things when I don’t know what I’m doing, afraid that I will cause irrecoverable damage. I’m such a chicken.
I borrowed a plunge saw from a friend and was going to try to cut the cupboard down in place. I started by removing the trim on the bottom. Well, low and behold, there were two more screws holding the cupboard in place hiding behind the trim, attached to the other cabinets. Doh!
I was able to get the entire cupboard down and went to town with my jig saw. In no time flat I had it cut down to size and back up on the wall.
The doors were cut down to size, moulding added and rehung to fit the smaller cabinet.
Next up is installing an electric box and outlet in the top of the cabinet. I will then paint the cabinet and get the microwave installed. Until then I will be painting the bottom cabinets this weekend.
I picked out some fabric to make roman blinds for the windows, one above the sink and a small bay window in the eating area.
I ordered it online from Tonic Living on Wednesday and on Friday it was at my door!
Have a wonderful weekend.