11.02.2010

Burlap motherload

I picked up more burlap yesterday.  There are a few of the bags that I am not too fond of, the weave and texture are a little too rough. 
There are over 100 sacks here
002
These ones are my favourites
003
I am making stockings for everyone for Christmas and I am able to get two stockings out of one bag.
I finally figured out how to fold the top over and have the seams on the cuff on the inside. doh! The cuff is made from drop cloth.
003
004
I wanted to share my daughters wolf head. She worked really hard on it. Turns out she was sick on Halloween night, so she only went out for 1/2 hour before she wanted to come home. I felt so bad for her ;(  She thinks that she will be too mature for trick or treating next year, so this was (to her) her last chance to get out. 
This is an in the process picture. It is made of foam. Cut and layered. There is no template so she had to figure it out for herself.
image
003
005

11 comments:

  1. Holy cow - that is a lot of burlap!!!! Man I would love to get my hands on some of that!!

    BTW - the wolf head is too cute. Too bad she wasn't feeling well. :( She did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!!! I wish I lived near that coffee place!

    The wolf head turned out GREAT!!! Very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She did an amazing job, I hope she still goes out next year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the burlap stockings. Great idea!

    And as long as your daughter has the creative juices, she will NEVER be too old to dress up and have fun!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your awesomeness never cease to amaze thee :)

    ===looks liked your crafty/awesomeness rubbed off to your daughter as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW!! Your daughter did an awesome job! Love it!1

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wonder if you washed the ones you didn't like the texture of if that would help. With lots of fabric softener maybe?

    ReplyDelete
  8. You can set up shop with those stockings!! I'll buy!!

    Come and see my latest find, would love your comments, I will also have a new giveaway soon!

    Xoxo
    Karena
    Art by Karena

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loving those burlap stockings! Very frou frou like Ballard Designs!!! NICE!
    The wolf head is very impressive! She is talented like her mom!
    Have you entered my giveaway yet? Please stop over and enter if you can. Thanks!!

    http://ourlifeinaclick.blogspot.com/2010/11/another-csn-giveaway-and-please-vote.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. great wolf head!

    I love the idea of burlap xmas stockings! they look great!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lo-Lo-Lo-Love the pillows. Where would one go to find burlap bags. I sure don't need 100. Do most Coffee roasting shops sell the bags? Thanks and happy sewing!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comment love.

Be sure to check to see if you have an email associated with your log in id, otherwise I have no way of responding to your comment.