11.03.2010

Boxes for cubby

I’ve looked around for some inexpensive boxes/containers to put in my cubby bookcase, but had a hard time finding them.
I was about to put an empty wine box into the recycle bin and decided to see if it was the right size, and it was!
So I covered it in burlap (not one of the sacks, surprisingly) and used some twine to create a handle. It’s not a perfect fit, but it’s good enough.
DSCN3432
DSCN3424 One down, seven more to go to fill the two bottom levels.  And it was free!
Now lest you think that I did a great job, I’m going to show you the inside. I’m going to have to come up with a more secure way to adhere the burlap, without using mod podge, ‘cause it an I do not get along well. Maybe some duct tape?DSCN3433
Linking here:
thriftthursday Get your craft on Thurs.

8 comments:

  1. I love how it looks - well on the outside at least :)LOL I just did my daughter's room and bought the cubby boxes - WAY too much money!!! Wish I had of thought of this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the cubby boxes look great! Thanks for sharing this idea. I just bought a bunch of burlap fabric at the thrift store today for $3 and can add this project for a possibility for how to use it! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great to me! You can not beat free!

    ReplyDelete
  4. cute cute cute! way to upcycle! (visiting from thrifty thursday.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a clever idea!!!!!I think with duct tape it will look great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks great! Maybe a glue gun for the inside? But, I wouldn't worry too much. No one will be looking inside, just admiring the outside!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think it turned out great!

    You know...they sell leopard print duct tape now!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah, wine boxes, is there anything you can't do?

    Mel, my suggestion to adhere the fabric would be spray adhesive. I think they look great though, and they certainly suit your charm and style.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comment love.

Be sure to check to see if you have an email associated with your log in id, otherwise I have no way of responding to your comment.