2.21.2011

Family silhouettes

I decided to pare down the empty frame wall in my living room and add our family silhouettes and initials. Of course I had to add in our two cats, my kids said so :)
I like how it’s simplified but now I’m wondering if it’s maybe too simplified and looks like a child's classroom.  What do you think?
004
005
Do you remember the silver leaf table I bought for myself for Christmas?  As much as I liked it, it was just too bulky for my space. I sold it on Craigslist in 2 hours for $45 more than what I paid for it. Woo hoo!  I traded it in for this set of nesting tables, found on Craigslist for $30, so they were free! They are sleek and narrow and would be easy to refinish if I feel they need a change.
006007
It’s a holiday here today, so I have some time to look through all of my favourite blogs.
Have a great Monday.

Linking up to

The DIY Show OffDittle Dattle

Thanks for the feature
mmm button

14 comments:

  1. Mel the wall looks great!! I love the colors in that room. What a great swap out on the tables too,

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love the white against the wall, but the cats are what complete it for me. i love that you framed their silhbouettes- they add the perfect fun and whimsical touch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mel, it is absolutely fantastic! I can totally envision a black framed mirror on the left side. I think that would bring out the black in the frame and m. Enjoy family day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it. I love them inside the frames. How clever is that. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it looks fantastic! I especially love the silhouette on the bottom with the circular frame within a frame. :) Very classy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is an awesome looking wall...great idea you had here!

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the silhouettes! Especially the dog and cat. What a fun idea.

    ReplyDelete
  8. No it doesn't look like a classroom, are you crazy? I love it and maybe thats what I should do with my wall. I am struggling. Thanks for your input about my wall. I'll miss that table I really loved it but these are great so you did good!

    Megan

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love it Mel! I might have to be a copy cat and try it on my wall of frames!
    Tasha!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think it looks clean and light, and I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the way the frames look with the silhouettes! The wall color is great too. So glad I came across your blog. I'm a new follower.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just wanted to let you know I featured you this week @ MMM! come on over and grab an I was featured button if you want :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so cute! I did a post of my favorite tutorials for the week and featured yours here:
    http://modernwivelyhood.blogspot.com/2011/02/few-of-my-favorite-tutorials_27.html

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comment love.

Be sure to check to see if you have an email associated with your log in id, otherwise I have no way of responding to your comment.