I’ve put to use, my free coffee grain sacks that I posted about earlier, here.
I picked up this down filled cushion this past week for $4. It was the perfect width to use the coffee bean sack as is, without cutting off the binding on the sides.
I used jute to close the top, mimicking the sides. I have no idea what type of needle this is, or even where I got it, but it worked like a charm.
One thing I found out is that the burlap frays easily. I solved that by running a very fine stitch, close to the edge , then used the jute to sew it closed by hand.
I’m linking this up at the following parties. Go see fabulousness :)