9.24.2010

I just love when everything comes together

Sometimes I have a vision. Despite the best made plans, my vision doesn’t often come together, but this time, it did!
Earlier I posted about a table that I had found that I loved, but it didn’t have any chairs. So, I found another table with 6 chairs, but I wasn’t in love with the table.
Cue Hallelujah!
I painted the table a dark gray from the Behr Premium Plus line named Pencil Point (and it was free at the recycle centre).  The chairs were spray painted with a flat white then lightly distressed.
DSCN3178
My old coffee table turned bench was a little too large to fit under the table so I cut the top down and it now fits perfectly.
DSCN3171
The bench is the first thing you see as you come up the stairs to the dining room, so I wanted something that wasn’t going to block the view. Success!
The cushions are made from placemats that I did a while ago. The seat and bench cover are a curtain that I picked up at the GW for $3.00, originally from Ikea. I was happy to be able to incorporate some of the green that I have throughout the rest of my living space.
DSCN3180
Just as Sunny predicted, I found a fabulous drum shade at the GW Boutique for $6.99, but I wasn’t so in love with the fabric. I took a piece of black fabric and sewed together a slip cover. Now my little gifted chandy looks so elegant and grown up.
DSCN3174
And now for your viewing pleasure, I present my dining room :)
DSCN3189
DSCN3191
I decided to set my table and realized that I have no clue how to set one up. It’s not something that I’ve paid much attention to so I had to go searching online for some clues :)  Whateva, it will do.

007

005 Of course you know, that in about 3.9 days, it will change again, in some way.
Yah, so I’m linking up to the following parties ;)
frugal fabulous design featureyourselffridaybuttoncopy Decor Mama
Remodelaholic Party Small button 200 x 200  (1) COAS-Party-Pick-up-Button2

partyDIY Blog button

13 comments:

  1. I love the shape of that table and what you did with the upholstery!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous! Could you tell I just sang that out loud? Lol, I make myself laugh! I love the color of the table and what a deal to get that curtain from the GW and make seat covers. I'm loving the pop of green and the chandy is way cool with the bling and the dark color. Did I tell you I love love love the stripes on the wall and some day I'm going to do it somewhere!

    Have a great one!

    Megan

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! that looks absolutely beautiful, you have such a good eye for design. I love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pretty dining room. Love your pretty table and the chairs and bench are perfect. Great fabric choices. Love the drum shade too. You did good, it is lovely. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mel, that's freakin' awesome! I love how fresh and light it is. You really did a great job pulling the colors together and cobbling a cool dining room set out of unrelated pieces. I love it. You should go pro.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's looks FABULOUS! In my book, that means it doesn't have to change for AT LEAST six months ;)

    (I'm going to marry those stripes on your wall....I'm in love.)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it! So fresh!

    Visiting from "Sunday Showcase"


    Christina

    ReplyDelete
  8. You sure do know how to set a table! Looks fabulous!! Love how it all worked out for you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the style of your home! very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the stripes and the trefoil place mats all in my favorite colors. Man, I like you and your taste! I am your newest follower! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks great. I'm new to you blog...not sure if it's in an older post, but I love that little piece you have under the window. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have almost this EXACT table. Our we painted white. And by "we" I mean my Dad! haha.
    Love your blog.
    Glad to see a fellow Ontarian :)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comment love.

Be sure to check to see if you have an email associated with your log in id, otherwise I have no way of responding to your comment.