4.09.2010

Ugly back splash, be gone!

I have ALWAYS hated the ugly back splash in my kitchen. I inherited it with the house.  In fact, I’m not a fan of tiled backsplash, period!  It looks good today, but 5 years down the road, it’s totally outdated. And let me tell you, it’s a lot of work to change it.

Yesterday I  borrowed a husband (since I don’t have one), and he set me to work. Ceramic backsplash, be gone! First I put up and taped new vapour barrier.

Then with some instruction, I set out to put up new drywall.  It took several attempts at cutting out the outlets.

004

Finally it’s all up and my borrowed husband came back for another lesson, this time in taping and mudding.

006

I am off for a hike early tomorrow morning, but I already know how the rest of my day will be spent; mudding!

Stay tuned for the reveal. No tile will be involved.

5 comments:

  1. Good luck....I look forward to seeing what you do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your my new here Mel ;) I think I need to unplug my laptop for a few days and bury myself in my craft hole...lol Your awesome, I bet your UBER excited to see the finished product.... I know I am ;) You Go Girl!

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're one brave woman!!! Tile is one thing that scares me to death. I cant wait to see how it turns out!

    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  4. You go, Girl! Trial and error is a fine teacher!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comment love.

Be sure to check to see if you have an email associated with your log in id, otherwise I have no way of responding to your comment.