4.13.2013

A fresh coat of paint and added moulding

It’s amazing what a fresh coat of paint and moulding can do! This is the eat in area of my kitchen.

I remembered to take a before picture, but not before I had taken the bamboo blinds down to wash them…gross!!!!!!

I added trim around the window and put a fresh coat of paint on everything. Wow, it’s so much brighter. Maybe that’s because I washed my windows.  Next up is the window above the sink.

Before (the sun wasn’t quite up yet)

DSCN4620

After

DSCN4625

I am experimenting with paint colours. I have some paint that I picked up at the recycle centre that I am going to mix together and see what I can come up with *fingers crossed*.

9 comments:

  1. wha a difference the molding makes! beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So is that the same paint color in both pictures? It looks so different! I love the new molding. Can't wait to see what color you come up with.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the new trim, it looks great!! I wish you lived closer and could give me lessons. I fear saws!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous!! Great job Mel!

    What a long way your kitchen has come, good work!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the new mouldings and the lighter colors. It is so pretty!

    Have a great day.
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH wow! You are right! It really pops and shines!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh yes! I love trim, what a difference it makes! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sweet! it's like it always should of been and now is. :D did that make any sense?

    ReplyDelete
  9. So much nicer - happy painting!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comment love.

Be sure to check to see if you have an email associated with your log in id, otherwise I have no way of responding to your comment.