I had a couple of new windows and a sliding glass door put in last week, so I had to make a new window treatment, natch ;)
I used the same curtain that I bought last week to create the slip covers for my lamp shades (see the tutorial here). One $10 curtain sure went a long way.
This is my first attempt at making a “real” roman blind, overall it turned out well. I should have made it a little longer to cover the whole length of the window when let out, but it’s all the fabric that I had left.
Rudimentary skills, just a little time consuming. I have made roman shades using mini blinds and they are just as good, and a lot less work.