My sister was given this dresser from her partners uncle many years ago. It was a little dinged, cherry wood chest on chest, a little bland and very 50’s. I was sure I took a before picture, but I can’t seem to find it, but I’m sure you’ve seen a hundred of these.
I painted it white, but that was a complete snore fest. I had to come up with a temporary way to dress it up. I say temporary because I change my mind, a lot. If I had painted a design on it, I would have to change the whole thing when I changed my mind about how I wanted it to look. In comes vinyl and my cricut.
I had read that you could spray paint vinyl, so I gave it a shot. I was undecided on what colour I wanted to use, so I sprayed three colours; copper, gold and silver.
I then traced the allium with SCAL, made a few different sizes and cut it out.
When I put the transfer tape on, it pulled some of the silver off but it turned out to be just what it needed, at least I am telling myself that.
I like the design and will hold on to it as is for a while, until I get my next hair brained scheme.