It’s a good thing I don’t throw everything away when I go on my purging binges. Digging through my stash of things and wondering what the heck to do with an old candelabra, I came up with an idea.
I started with this black candelabra that is just a wee bit wonky. I had to remove the cups that hold the candles, then screw the ceramic shape back in.
The center part is welded on, so I took one of the pieces I removed, turned it upside down and glued it to the top. After spraying it, which took forever to dry in this humidity, I used Gorilla Glue to glue the plates on. The plates I picked up two years ago for 99 cents each.
Since I had all of the supplies, it didn’t cost anything extra to make it. I wish I had some yummy treats to stage it with, but I ate them all :)
And guess what I got? Ok, I won’t make you guess any longer. I met up yesterday with one of my readers, Denise. She is up here from Texas with her daughter, visiting her parents. She brought me my sofa cover! After paying for the cover, extra bagging fee and parking to meet her at the airport, I still saved around $100!
Denise is in the middle of a kitchen reno, and I’m trying to encourage her to start a blog to document the process. From all of the elements she has described, it’s going to be fantastic. This woman has staying power; for two weeks she has been removing wall paper from her kitchen walls. Another reminder of why I won’t ever use wall paper. Anyway, look at how great the cover looks, it’s like I have a brand new sofa, much better than the black cover that I had, which made the couch look like a big gaping hole that you possibly could get lost in