5.17.2012

card catalogue wannabe

I love the look of card catalogues, but the price they are going for is way out of my league. And really, I don’t think I can cram another piece of furniture into my house.

I was watching t.v. and looking at my dresser turned media/storage unit and thought that the pulls, while nice enough, could use a boost.  I ordered a package of 10 plates from a U.S. company for $20, including shipping.

I have received a few emails asking where I bought my hardware;  you can find the plates at Woodworkingparts.com

The one's that I ordered are 3 1/2" with screws, nickel plated.  I bought the pulls/handles at Rona a couple of years ago.

I love the way they look and made my piece a little more contemporary and closer to my style.

Card catalog wannabe at junkinjunky.blogspot.com

We have a long weekend here to celebrate Victoria Day (that’s Queen Victoria lol) and I’ve taken two days off as well. I hope to get some things accomplished, but I’ve been so busy lately that it seems I get nothing done.  The weather is supposed to be sunny and warm, perfect for painting.

I drive by this sign on my street at least once a day.  I didn’t pay it much attention, I knew that it mean to slow down, children were playing in the area.

DSC08385

My son, who takes things quite literally, read it totally differently; slow children playing.  Cracks me up.

Sharing this update at:

Chic on a Shoestring Decorating

16 comments:

  1. i love it!!!! amazing what hardware can do.
    growing up my brother and i had friends that were in the same grades as us same sexes as us.... they talked SO slowly, and moved SO slowly, though they were both fast runners (literally, like won races etc). my brother and i always said we were going to put a sign like this near their house. i know that's not a very nice thing, but i always felt like i was dying to wait for her to finish a sentence!!!!! and compared to my fast talking chatterbox ways...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your son is so right, really is funny. Love it. Your placques are fabulous too. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mel, that looks wonderful...you achieved a great look while maintaining your own style. Bravo! I hope you enjoy your time off! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this update! I need to know what company you ordered these from! $22 includes shipping to canada???

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great update - you got a really original look for a pretty small investment! I hope you manage to get more done in your days off than I have lately. I still haven't started my flooring, it's just sitting in the boxes waiting for me to finish pulling the quarter round molding off. Sorry to hear about those poor slow children in your neighborhood. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That IS a clever idea and it looks awesome! And your son sounds like he has quite the sense of humor. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mel it's fantastic with the new plates! I love that the cabinet looked like it needed them! Beautiful job Mel!
    And I so get the part about not fitting any more furniture in your house!
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is great! definitely the look of the card catalogue, but much more practical.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great update! I love it! Can you share where you got the pulls from? I'd love to know. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great update to freshen up an existing piece..love the new pulls!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your piece, just wish you'd given us the source for those wonderful plates you ordered for it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am in love with your card catalogue. I didn't even know you could order the plates. What an awesome idea.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Super cute transformation... Little Bit from www.DecorateWithaLittleBit.com p.s. I'm finding a way to follow you LF or FB... hope you'll come visit me.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really love how you transformed that piece with hardware (and thanks for giving us the link to the hardware source too!).

    Slow children playing. Tee hee ...

    :)

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  15. FYI. I was trying to pin your dresser but kept getting a message that "users report this links to spam"

    ... thought you might want to know...

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  16. LOL....I love the way your son interpreted the sign!

    The dresser looks amazing! But then again, everything you touch turns out amazing! :)

    I know I've been MIA for several months....WHAT was I thinking?!?! Thinking I could take on and conquer the entire world. LOL ;)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comment love.

Be sure to check to see if you have an email associated with your log in id, otherwise I have no way of responding to your comment.