If your house was built in the 70’s as mine was, you may be familiar with these ugly ceiling fixtures.
I am in the process of redecorating my son’s room. I am doing it on a slim budget, so removing this fixture was out of the question; besides it works and there is nothing wrong with it, other than being hideous.
I recently found some new lampshades for my living room lamps, so I have two extra black drum shades.
I came up with a way to attach it to the fixture.
A long bolt that fits into the fixture as well as the hole in the shade. 3 spacers that I found in my “things that I should throw away, but don’t” pile, and a nut.
I placed one spacer on the bolt, inserted the bolt into the shade, added two more spacers and put the bolt into the fixture. Tighten the nut.
Ta da! A fine looking fixture.
I hope to have the room reveal tomorrow, but for now you can see a peek of the colours I have used.
Sharing in hopes that someone finds this useful