8.21.2010

Almost free

I have to tell you about my cubby/bookcase update.
This is the cubby that I got from the front of my neighbours house for free.  I purchased some crown molding on sale for $15, which I glued on and the two X end pieces were $5 each. Total for this piece was $25.00!
I haven’t yet decided on what I want to do with the backing and the canvases on top of it are going to a new home (someone actually wanted them and paid me for them, does that mean I’ve sold my first piece? lol).
Every thing in/on it were thrift store finds other than the vase on the 2nd shelf, which my grandmother made.
009
The DIY Showoff’s party is on

4 comments:

  1. OH what a wonderful piece. I love it. Super storage too. The price can't be beat. Love the moldings and the x pieces too. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a difference some crown molding makes. Love the cubby!! Congrats on selling your first piece, you painted them? wow!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes, congrats on that first sale and I would guess there will be many more to come. Love the idea of the x pieces. They really trick it out as does the crown molding. Nicely done.
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Has your neighbor seen it? She'll wish she'd kept that shelf now. :) I love saving a piece from the trash....well done! Lisa~

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comment love.

Be sure to check to see if you have an email associated with your log in id, otherwise I have no way of responding to your comment.