Ok, I’m not that smart. I put a whole lot of work today into updating my front door, only to realize that I’ve made a horrible mistake.
Here is the before; I live in a condo townhouse and there are rules about what colour the front door can be painted. It is a horrid brown, chipping, peeling and chalky. To top it off, the ceiling in the area was also brown, making it dark and dreary.
So I set to work, primed first, then painted, sprayed the pots, the mailbox and the door handle with ORB. Much better, now I just have to do some more planting for colour, change the light and put my door number up (I have plans for that).
Ok, so maybe I’m not so smart because I used the wrong paint! I used an indoor latex! I’m gutted to think that I have to do the whole thing over. At least the cat likes it :)
Update: The first coat of oil based exterior paint is on! It went much faster than the latex paint; creamier and smoother. And bonus, it looks just like this colour :)
Linking up to the Metamorphosis Monday Party at Between Naps on the Porch.